The Deskless Report:
Retail Edition 2023
What do associates need to stay happy, productive, and loyal? What do retail managers need to effectively lead their associates without daily burnout? And what do retailers need to make the data-driven decisions to empower their workforce at scale?
"*" indicates required fields
These are the questions we set out to address in The Deskless Report: Retail Edition. This year’s report explores the state of the retail world by delving deeper into the associate, manager, and corporate experience – and what these groups need to thrive. The resulting insights will forever redefine the concepts of associate communication, feedback, training and more.
Here’s a glimpse at what we uncovered:
- 54% of retail managers feel burned out on a daily basis
- 40% of associates are considering leaving their job (up from 37% last year)
- While 62% of corporate retail leaders believe their communication is effective, only 28% of associates agree
- 37% of retail managers and 25% of associates said that lack of employee training is impacting their day-to-day work
- 67% of all retail respondents believe investing in new technologies for workers improves the overall success of their organization