9 essential principles for modernizing your corporate learning ecosystem
We know a lot of organizations are just plain stuck in the past: they know their employees are bored stiff with the same old training programs; they know they aren’t engaged; and they know that even though they’re spending big bucks on corporate learning, the information isn’t sticking and they aren’t getting the return on their investment.
You might say, “Well, if they know all this, then why aren’t they doing anything about it?” That’s a fair question. But, if you think about it, it’s hard to make a change when you don’t know where to start.
There are tons of great resources that talk about the benefits of modernizing corporate learning, but they don’t really explain how to make it happen. So, we’ve put together a new guide to help with the transition.
There’s no rule that says you have to modernize your corporate environment in one fell swoop. In fact, that’s pretty impossible. But, you can break down the transition into more manageable steps if you follow these 9 essential principles:
- Identify measurable business outcomes first
- Leverage the science of learning
- Integrate social and collaborative learning opportunities
- Embrace familiar, modern technology
- Offer learning at the moment of need
- Make learning part of every day
- Create personal (and adaptive) learning experiences
- Make learning more engaging
- Deliver learning using a variety of formats
We won’t go into detail in this post, but download our free eBook—Escape the Time Warp: 9 Essential Principles for Modernizing Your Corporate Learning Ecosystem—and you’ll learn what each of these principles entail, plus get practical ideas for implementing them.
So, no more excuses. It’s time to modernize!
Written by Laura Martin